Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


The ham was excellent…Coke(soda that is) does wonders for it…butter never hurts, nor did the juice from the sweet potatos.
Pumpkin pie…hey wait! Isn’t there cool whip?

I forgot about that!
Later tonight I think.

Funny thing happened today. I called my Ma and we started talking about my options job wise. I told her that I was thinking about going to culinary school.
Man…

“You didn’t make it through community college what makes you think you could do that, you can’t.”

I let it go and wished her a happy thanksgiving, told her I loved her and hung up.

She called me back.

“Hey…I forgot to ask you what you wanted for Christmas.”

“I’ll send you a penny if you send me a set of knives.” That is a Texas thing by the way…you have to buy knives…even if it is just a penny.

“Or just a paring knife. Aren’t those cheap?”

“Yes, India…they are.”

I did not apologize this time because I did nothing to justify it.

By the way…I looked up paring knifes…
I never knew a knife could be beautiful.

Art and food…fabulous!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Awesome. Lately I've been trying new recipes I find in magazines, online, etc. It's alot of fun. Especially when something you never made before turns out to be incredibly delicious. Culinary school...great idea!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

P.S. Never knew about that Texas saying...interesting.

8:15 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

you can never screw up cooking...that's why i love it. the one law about it is what my grandmother taught me...you can always add more but you can't take it out. that's why i add a little spice at a time.

she taught me that young. she was a good cook.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Sweet :)

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home