Friday, February 10, 2006

Psycho Men!

We will start with my morning. Even though, I do have a great evening story to tell. You can probably assume by the title.

This morning was uneventful. My friend M was worried about me being late for work so she was sweet enough to call me 3 times. Gotta love the M. She did save me this morning because at least I heard the phone. I was only 10 mins late. I’m always late as you can tell this is an ongoing trend.

Never was a morning person. It’s to complicated. I mean having to pick out your clothes and do your hair and get dressed to go some where you would rather not be. Let’s not even discuss traffic. Plus it’s way to ….bright. Sun bad. Night is so much better. Dark, calm, traffic yes maybe, but happy people going out to have fun instead of looking like ants in one of those ant farms that people use to have as kids. Night is free. You feel like a human being again instead of a corporate ant.

Besides that long analogy my day was relatively good. Thanks for asking. I took a vacation day tomorrow so it made it all the sweeter.

My do is chewing on my foggier house slipper by the way….pretty cute.

On to the story. I have to remind you my ex was not a “pleasant” person (crazy asshole…ok we won’t go into that). This story deals with that, bear (is it bear or bare?) with me. I came home one day sick from work and saw a couple of old antiques on the curb. There was this great 1940’s cabinet with a TV and turn table all in one. Great wood and it was beautiful. Next to it was a 1960’s cabinet with stereo and turn table as well. This guy walks up when I was trying to figure out how to get the 1940’s in my house. It was pretty big. He said “excuse me I just went down to get my dolly and that’s mine” I’m a nice person so I said ok. Now if I was a man I would have had that thing in my house before he ever got back with his stupid dolly. Buy I digress….I started looking at the other piece. It was pretty cool. To put it shortly I helped him get what I wanted up his stairs to his apt. and he helped me in with my second prize. We talked for a few and exchanged numbers. He seemed like a nice person. Friend person not boyfriend person. He started calling, and calling. I talked to him a few times. He already knew I was just out of a long term relationship. Finally he called and I told him that I just needed to be alone for awhile. He said he understood and continued to call me everyday thereafter twice a day. Alone, is that a foreign word?

So I starting seeing this guy, an old friend. He came over a few times and since A the furniture guy lives up the street I guess he saw him and me. The last time my guy S came over was last Saturday. So why didn’t this message come sooner? Question of the hour. So A has been calling 2 times a day for a week. I got a message from him at 3 this afternoon saying hey (nice message). Then at 7 another call that was the one that should have happened last week if he was that angry.

Hey it’s A (very sweet tone)
Don’t bother calling here again (angry tone)
You just go and fuck that hippie
And fuck you! (basically in a nut shell)

Sweet!!! Thanks have a good night as well.

Ummm. I told the guy flat out that I needed to get over what I was going through with my ex. Didn’t want anything romantic. Flat out told him. Some things that I said didn’t really agree with him. That’s why I started not returning his phone calls. He was a little off. I knew that.

Man I can’t even pick a male friend. I just pick plain “what the fuck?” I only had to spend 9 years with a crazy man to realize that I can’t even walk near a man.

Hmph…go figure. I’m diseased!! I should start running for my life at this point. Hell, there’s not enough land. I might have to take swimming classes. Wonder what time the WMCA opens tomorrow. If it’s early maybe next week I’ll be in Hawaii. Are men nice there?

Or as I told M tonight I’ll just become a lesbian.

Or maybe I’ll just succumb to it all and stand on the street corner with a cardboard sign that says “Not looking for money, just looking for crazy.

But then again I guess I don’t need a fucking sign. Obviously.

Oh well tomorrow is another…ugh….morning? Nah. Sleep til noon! No work…morning erased.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

only texas men are nice!! : )

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home