Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I saw the flashlights first…

Ahhh…fuck. Here we go again.

It brought back memories of the police coming up to the door when Vance got arrested.

This however, was different.

It was 3 detectives from the LAPD.

10PM at night? Interesting.

My next door neighbor claimed he saw a man hiding in the bushes outside my living room window a few nights ago.

He also sings to his Jessica Simpson CD all day long, has shaved his head and there is a strong indication on my drugdar that it’s been snowing in his living room.

Nonetheless, there were three very large detectives with very large firearms standing at my door asking me if I knew a guy named Hector.

That’s like asking a girl from Texas if she knows a guy named Bubba. Oh wait! I am from Texas and I have known a couple of Bubba's in my day.

“It’s LA, who doesn’t know a guy named Hector?”

“Does that mean you know a guy named Hector that lived here?”

“No, I don’t know anyone named Hector that lived here. Why? What is the problem?”

“There is no problem now, he’s in jail.”

“Okay…then why are you here?”

“Well, his ID had this address on it.”

“What is he in jail for?”

“No need to worry, he’s in jail, sorry to bother you.”

Then their flashlights faded into the distance.

Wait…what…what the fuck was that?

I decided to go next door and ask what was going on…unfortunately I didn’t have a snowplow big enough to make it to the front door.

I went to the front house and asked the couple (M & J) what was going on. They were as perplexed as me. They got the same questions from the detectives that I was asked with no information in return.

We did discuss how bizarre it was to see Men O’ Law with crisp button up shirts, ties but no jackets and over the shoulder gun holsters with really big guns in plain view.

Was it really the LAPD? maybe some LA Mafia looking for a stash of hidden drugs or money?

The whole situation was definately weird. It would have been classic if they had on black shirts with a white tie and said "Yo..hey...you know about a guy named Hector?"

Either way, I believe that Hector, who ever he may be, is in a world of hurt right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home