Friday, July 25, 2008

Whore...

1: a woman who engages in sexual acts for money : prostitute; also : a promiscuous or immoral woman

This one cut me to the bone...when someone else besides Vance called me that.

It was all in jest and I understand this...

Did it make me feel like a whore when he said the word?

Yes.

Was I standing in the middle of a bowling alley with my coworkers around...yes.

Did that one word make me feel that way?

What do you think?

I hate that a word can level me.

My issue is I have never been anything but kind.

But closeted with a maniac tends to drive a person to the other side.

No one knows me and NO ONE can judge me...or label me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Did that one word make me feel that way?" ... it's all semantics my dear. And, only b/c I know your coworkers, chances are it was either a male whore or a male virgin who said it to you. Hell, being called a "whore" is better than being called a "cum dumpster," no? Or maybe not.

Not to sound like our parents, but they were right when they taught us "stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." ...

Wanna do a late lunch on Sunday? And when I say "late lunch" I mean late enough to drink a cocktail.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and when I say "late enough to drink a cocktail" I mean noon. :)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home