Thursday, April 29, 2010

After 15 months of sobriety and two beers later...

He called.
Did I think that I had heard the last of Vance...no.
The phone rang and I was amazed his name was on the caller ID. Yes, I answered the phone. Heh...thought he might want to apologize. HAHA!!! I'm so silly.
Funny how he chose to call me on the day he fell off the wagon. I know he wanted some thing. He asked how the dogs were...what I was doing now. I told him the truth. "Dogs are good, got laid off and going back to school." He told me that he's doing well and he got his driver's license back and "You were right India...I did need glasses."
I told him that was all good and that I was glad that things were going well with him.
There was a lot of shit he said over that conversation that use to trigger me for a fight...now I just chuckle.
I'm not the same person I use to be. I don't want to fight any more...plus, I just really don't give a shit any more.
Dude...you want to fall off the wagon...don't call me.
You want to apologize...then pick up the phone.
Heh...I did tell him I was going to therapy for PTSD.
"SO!!! You are saying I gave that to you???"
"Yes."
He hung up on me. Color me surprised. I bet he's still looking at his phone waiting for me to call him back. Not gonna happen...I forgot his phone number for a reason.
He's a disease and he will never see that but he's still looking for an easy way out.
I'm not it any more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

U should chg your phone #.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home