Sunday, January 29, 2012

I took my dogs out for a walk today...

We hit the front yard and they sniffed for a second and we started walking. I noticed a guy getting out of his car and glaring at me. All the sudden he said "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR DOG? IS SHE HURT!!?

"Uhhh...no."

"Well then what's wrong with her?"

Who the fuck is this guy the fucking dog police?

"She's disabled. She's been this way since birth."

"Huh..."

He walked away. He could have at least said that he was sorry for yelling at me.

Brighter side of the day. I rounded the block and I heard some one call my name. It was Barbara.

I met her the other day walking the girls. She was in her wheelchair the fancy kind like the "getarounds." She stopped and asked me about the girls. We talking for a few minutes and then we went on our way.

Today when I rounded the block and I heard some one call my name. I looked around and she said "Over here." She was on the first floor of her balcony "Do your dogs eat people food? I saw you walking the dogs and I saved some beef jerky for them."

"Barbara! Of course they do."

We stood and talked for fifteen minutes. It's funny how people can spew their guts in that amount of time. We both did and I do not know why. This I can't explain.

All I can say is some one nice made up for some one being nasty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow, I think I get the gist of what you may be feeling...as I get sick and tired of how insensitive others can be....and sometimes they are just down right rude. I have a hard time dealing with the world we live in and just want to be gone sometimes.....but then, there is that one thing that comes around the corner that I would have missed if I were gone....so, anyway, just wanted to let ya know someone else is out there that can empathize with you....
Take care,
Jenny

3:58 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

I wish I could erase empathy from me. This will not happen in my life time. Life is to pretty.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home