Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A dork and the word why

Its funny how I think about myself and its weird how I see other people perceive themselves. I am a dork at heart. I’ve tried my whole life to be the cool kid or the adult that “has it all together”. Ha! That’s a good laugh. That means I never succeeded in either.

I do however; have the small wild child factor. Which I’m not really sure what I mean by that. I guess I’m the dork with tattoos. The wild child of my family, which simply means that my brother and sister have no tattoos and are not poor….and I live my own terms and can tell someone to go fuck off if I choose. Ok…maybe a lil’ black sheep I’ll give myself that much.

I find it bizarre to see people that do think they are cool and do think that they have their shit together but would never admit that they are a dork ….guess they would be called bullshiters, where I come from.

I really wish that I could conform to society. That would make life so simple. Go to work kiss someone’s or many people’s asses for a long extended period of time and get promoted and get raises and move up in the world. See….I wasn’t born with that. I am currently doing it to keep my job. Well….to tell you the truth I’m not doing it that well. The snide remakes still happen occasionally….oops.

I always ask myself this question. Would I rather die poor with self respect or die rich and sold my soul for it? You can probably guess what I would say….looks like poverty is in my future. I do believe that some people can do it and move up in corporate America but I haven’t seen many in my world. My last boss got pushed out after 22 long years of back breaking work and I was there to see 12 years of it. Yup, they wanted him out. He spoke his mind and didn’t kiss ass. He was lucky, he made a deal. He got out and is now living in a better hell.

Starting this blog did one thing for me. I’ve realized that I just can’t say “why” anymore. I wanted to though all of the above but I realized when I almost typed it that it’s not a good word. It’s an opening for something you don’t want to know. “Why this…why that?”

Hold the phones!!!! I just came to an epiphany! “WHY” is a bbbbaaaddd word.

Tell me this….is there any question that you can think of, that starts with why that is
1) A question that is unexplainable
2) A bad question to ask
3) Or even a simple question that makes you question why you did something.

Now I have to ask sample questions to confirm my thinking. Here we go….

1) Why are your keys always in the last place you look? (Of course we all know that it was the last place you looked…hence…k….but there is still that word.)

2) Why did you do this to me? (NEVER a good question to say or hear)

3) Why did I stay up until 2am writing a blog when I know I should be in bed? (Damn)

Think about it. Yeah, like we all don’t have better things to think about.

2 Comments:

Blogger james r. said...

i hear what you're saying. but i think that asking 'why' can sometimes help a person figure things out and solve problems. maybe it's a matter of knowing just what we should ask 'why' about...?

4:51 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

i think that you're right. i guess i ponder too much. i will have to try and find a happy medium but i'm not sure i have one.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home