Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sent my resume at 12ish AM last night…

Got a phone call this morning at 10:30.

I just thought she was calling to set up an interview…wasn’t ready for the third degree.

A fifteen minute phone interview is what I got.

I’ve never had one of those before. I’ve heard of them but I thought they were an urban legend.

Not so sure how I did. I know I want the job and know I can do it.
This job is for a non-profit dog rescue and it is a 9-5er or over and some Saturday’s on adoption days.

I called my Mom tonight and told her about it. She immediately asked me how much it paid and I soon heard her typing the numbers into her calculator.

“You can’t do it India.”

“I can if I get a second job Mom.”

“You won’t do it.”

Not to make her sound like a bitch because I’ve given her every right to doubt me but this could be the one time she’s wrong.

I’ll never be the things that my family wants me to be.

I’ll probably never be the things I dreamed I would be when I was ten.

But I keep trying.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Do it...

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Shakespeare, "to thine own self be true".

11:11 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Kinda makes my "do it" seem trite by comparison...but ol' Bill Shakes is right -- thou must do it.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home