Monday, May 21, 2007

It’s been awhile…


I haven’t bought a paintbrush in years. These are definitely the low end on my scale.

10 brushes for $4.99 and a 12 page watercolor book only because I prefer the paper, the texture is better for charcoal… $6.99 for 12 sheets. I do like expensive paper.

I would save all my money to buy mink brushes, yes as in fur coats. They were the best. I paid $35 for one brush, which I still have. I don’t think they sell them anymore. I think it’s the whole non-fur craze.

Michaels (arts and crafts place for people that don’t know) was my Saturdays but now it’s driven towards baskets and fake flowers. There was only one isle for brushes and paint.

I pulled out one paintbrush with white bristles and a handle that looked like crystal and I actually said out loud “Holly shit!” because that baby was a Ferrari in a paintbrush.

Oh how I wanted it. $20.00 for one brush…one stroke.

I forgot what it was like to have a passion for something.

I remembered today.

1 Comments:

Blogger murray said...

i find i can't focus on more than one hobby at a time. but it's nice to come back to old hobbies after a while and revive your passion in them.

Michael's has the crappiest mattes. that's my take on Michaels.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home