Monday, July 23, 2007

I forgot the words my Grandma Felix spoke to me one day…

“You adda the salt little by little because you can not takea it out. You understanda bambina?”

I now understand this applies to more than just great sauce.

It does apply to all things in life.

Today I realized it was hair.

Yeah…yeah…I liked it yesterday but that was yesterday.

Now I look like Shirley Temple on crack.

Damn.

You can always add more tomatoes to the sauce right?

I think that is the Italian version of “The world gives you lemons and you make lemonade.”

The only thing I know is there has been a saltshaker over my head for the last three weeks…

It’s fucking snowing in California and I don’t have enough tomatoes.

I was looking for something specific the other night and I came across a small brown bag.

I looked at it and thought “What the fuck?” As soon as I reached into the bag I realized it was all of Joe’s letters and cards.

I forgot he use to call me Woodstock (not the concert…the cartoon).

I forgot he was stationed at Camp Pendleton.

Funny…I was in Texas and he was two hours away from where I am now…and now he’s gone.

Ain’t life a bitch. I thought those letters were dead and buried when my Mom had to sell her house.

Nope.

I had forgotten how every boyfriend made me “dispense” of any sign of a former boyfriend.

Hence the brown paper bag…hell, even I forgot about it.

He believed in me…when no one else did…so many years ago.

After reading the letters, even Joe wasn’t a saint…but then again…who is?

Those letters made me realize what I have to leave behind and what I need to hold on to.

I was hoping that after this extremely long post my hair would have grown back.

No luck on that one.

Fuck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

New picture, please. You've piqued my interest...

7:35 PM  
Blogger megaton said...

in a big country dreams stay with you like a lovers voice fires the mountainside...

11:52 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

make sure the next boyfriend you have is secure enough to let you keep those letters without having to hide them in a paper bag.

6:36 AM  
Blogger skinnylittleblonde said...

Sometimes, maybe the boyfriends should get stuffed into the paper bag & 'dispensed' ;)

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home