Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What have I learned at 42?

It ain’t that tragic
It’s not that magical either

No birthday cake…no one singing happy birthday to me…thank god.

No steak and potatoes…unless I actually peel the potatoes, put the steak in my skillet and turn the oven on.

All still in my fridge...minus the skillet and oven.

I can actually buy one slice of birthday cake…still, uneaten.

Again, still in my fridge…just like my fucking resume.


On the darker side of life…

$13 dollars can go a long way at a thrift store. Did some one say shoes? But of course.

Mac does respond when called. Golly Gee…I had a problem with my “I” key. Hello India, my name is here to help you. New key board in three days…no charge.

How’d that happen?

Every family member called me to wish me a “Happy Birthday.”

Now I’m scared.

But three special things happened.

Boys in static
Salt and pepper shakers
Tesh


Oh...and four would be me tripping on the new sprinkler system that the next door neighbor installed.

Shit

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here from Mindy's blog, Happy B-day over there. Sounds like it was a good one.

Cheers

6:23 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

it does sound good innie..
see...
i like your smiling face!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Here also from Mindy's blog.

Baked steak in an iron skillet. Yummers. Or was that for the taters? Doesn't matter. I'm on it.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!1

What I learned at 42, I have entirely forgotten at 53. That's how it works, girlfren.

10:44 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Thanks minnee, nocturnal and gawpo.

ya'll are all so sweet.

and yes gawpo 10lb skillet with a four buck steak. i cooked it tonight. the steak isn't that great but the taters are fabulous!

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home