Friday, September 28, 2007

Always the bride maid…never the bride.

The Media Director came into my office today and said…

“I have some bad news.”

I thought he was kidding at first because he does have that sense of humor.

“Ok…what is it?”

“It seems that we hired someone that we didn’t plan on hiring. He is a high level executive and I’m sorry to tell you but this is the last office we have and he has to be placed here so we have to place you in a cube.”

“Okay…not a problem.”

“This was not planned India. I had no idea this was going to happen. I’ll make it up to you.”

Well…first off, you’re not my type and fucking save the shit for the clients.

Fuck…I’ve been there for 4 days and I’m already being booted from the first office I’ve ever had.

Next week I’ll be in the basement working on a typewriter sitting on a cardboard box…with my red stapler.

I was in awe and felt like I was actually hired for a job I can do and fix all the cracks in their system.

They hired me as a manager and moved me into an office.

All the employees that saw me sitting in that office the first day will now see me as being moved to a cube.

In four days I was demoted.

The feeling is quite familiar.

And you know what…

I’m fucking sick of it.

The office doesn’t mean shit but my pride does.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. That sucks. Hang in there.

(You have e-mail.)

3:17 AM  
Blogger murray said...

That sucks. Make sure you let them know you're not happy about it.

Mind you, I think cube life seems more fun than office life. But then I've never had an office.

Is your name really India? Because I'd rather put that in my blogroll than "iaffg" which is what I have now.

1:57 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

SJ...yeah it does suck but i realized i do have a job after almost 6 months of no work and losing my mind. The offiice is cute though. Damn!

Yup Grumble, my name is India. I'm on your blogroll? I am flattered. I picked iamfallingfromgrace because I always am. Feel free to use my name but beware you will get a shit load of hits from people google searching the country India.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

Hi, I came to this site looking for information about Bollywood.

There is a joke in there somewhere...India...Bollywood...India...Hollywood...

Your new boss isn't named Dom is he and he hasn't asked your about your TPS reports has he???? I got the red stapler bit.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home