Thursday, June 05, 2008

This happened a couple of months ago…




It wasn’t pretty…obviously. With a dog in one hand and a bag in the other I tripped over a knee-high sprinkler head and fell face first onto the sidewalk.

As blood rushed out of my mouth and nose, I thought I had broken my two front teeth off. Nope, lucky on that one but my nose and my two front teeth still hurt. I also have a lump in my upper lip that refuses to go away.

Why am I bringing this up now? Well, it seems I’m starting to have a fear of falling.

I started noticing this week that I have become more and more hesitant to take the dogs for a walk and have since that happened.

For shits and giggles I googled “fear of falling”…well guess what kids? It’s called Basiphobia…a fear of walking or falling.

Do I believe it? Dunno. I must say I’ve had some spills in my life. For those of you that know me, well you would think they would be alcohol induced. This would be untrue. Most have happened by just walking. Hence fear of walking and falling huh?

The last one was bad though…really bad, as you can tell by the picture.

I found a website and the questions to find this phobia or any phobia were quite amazing…more so my answers.

Weird though, most of the things I attribute to panic, anxiety or fear on me are not external, all of mine are internal unless I’m really upset.

The last six questions got me….

On a scale of 1-10…of course 10 being the worst…here is how I answered…

Feeling of losing control – 10
Feeling of dying – 10
Feeling of losing my mind – 10
Feeling of embarrassing myself – 10
Feeling of having a heart attack – 10
Visualization of things going badly – 10

I did forget about the first question

Repetitive negative thoughts – 10.

Ahhh…it’s a shaky ground I stand on…heh. I can dance without falter…for god’s sake I can do the tango without missing a beat but I can’t walk from my car to my house without a face plant…or walk through my kitchen.

I have the normal fears that everyone does. Fear of flying…yeah but it’s gotten better over the years. Fear of heights…that one will never get better…I accept this and chose to live with it…there is no trying to conquer this one…the thought of going to the top of the Empire State building makes me pass out if I envision it for to long.

But fear of fucking falling? You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Hold on though…here are the questions that had the low scores.

Dry mouth – 1
Sweaty hands –1
Cold hands – 1
Shaky hands – 3 …I got a glitch in my neck.
Blushing – huh? Is sex involved? Damn…1

Okay number 7 didn’t go so well…
Tight throat – 10

What’s next? Fear of a blowjob?

Noblowaphobia? I did have to look it up though…no know phobia for blowjobs.

Something did just occur to me. What I’ve read about this phobia says childhood or constant falls. Which I’ve had both. I carry a scar over my right eye from a fall when I was five. I tripped and fell on a tree trunk…ten stitches.

I chose to put my eyebrow piercing right in the middle of it.

Interesting that I remember that now.

Well, it’s late…I have to get up and walk and fall with confidence.

Piece of cement cake.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

"Noblowaphobia" is going in my dictionary, right next to "Fellati-NO" and "Polevoidance."

Hilarious.

5:16 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

there is a phobia of rainbows and not one of blowjobs! interesting.

6:45 AM  
Blogger nataS said...

Damn your lucky you've still got front teeth.

8:07 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

brad i'm glad i gave you a new word...but nothing can beat polevoidance...nothing.

minneee is fear of rainbows lepreconaphobia?

natas...yeah...really fucking lucky.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cheap oakley sunglasses
ugg outlet
kate spade outlet
abercrombie
nike roshe run
polo ralph lauren
toms uk
ralph lauren outlet
oakley sunglasses
kate spade
201612.22wengdongdong

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home