Saturday, October 11, 2008

I miss my mom…

I remember the day I left for California. After we closed the back of the U-Haul she walked out the front door of the house. I saw the tears in her eyes. She couldn’t speak. She grabbed my hand and put a roll of money in it. Then she hugged me like she had never done in my life. I knew at that moment that I underestimated her love for me.

“I love you India”

“I love you too mom”

The three days it took to get here I called her every chance I got. We cried on every phone call.

Maybe it was because I was the last to leave. Maybe it’s because we are the most alike in the family.

I don’t really need an answer to that question but there are times that I miss her so much my heart hurts.

Today is one of those days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home