Saturday, November 27, 2010

I was watching Deadly Women tonight...

One of the therapists said that one of the women had a "Narcissistic personality."

It rang a bell...Vance.

I asked my roommate if he had ever heard of it. He said "Yeah, I've heard of it...oh shit, yeah." He knew exactly who I was talking about. I looked it up.

The cause of this disorder is unknown. Narcissistic personality disorder usually begins by early adulthood.

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:

  • Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
  • Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
  • Has feelings of self-importance
  • Exaggerates achievements and talents
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
  • Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
  • Requires constant attention and admiration
  • Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
  • Has obsessive self-interest
  • Pursues mainly selfish goals

He hit all ten of those symptoms. I always knew there was some thing wrong with him.

He made me feel like shit so he could feel better about him self. He didn't care. I don't think he ever loved me. I don't blame him because I'm a stupid fucking bitch.

The funny thing is...I did a piece of art work a few years ago and I ripped a page from my dictionary and put it on a guitar that he smashed. I curled "Narcissistic."

It's weird. I told my room mate on Thanksgiving "If some thing happens to me you'll tell the cops to look for Vance, right?" He said yes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home