Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The girl at work that freaks me out….

Now I’m not saying she scares me….my half brother scares me…kind of like the illusion of the devil scares me. Nor am I saying that every now and then she does something a little freaky….the girl gives me the serious ebie geebies.

I have never encountered anyone that has made me feel this way before. It’s started relatively simple. We would pass in the hall and even though we don’t know each other would say the cordial “Hello”.

Then on day after work we were waiting for the elevator at the same time. Elevator came and we both got on. We are on one of the top floors so we stopped several times on the way down due to it being quitting time. At one point a man got on talking on his cell phone. She mumbled something about “no…cell phone” and got off the elevator. I thought she said something to the effect of “oh forgot my cell phone” and had gotten off the elevator, I thought, to go back up to our floor to get it. When the elevator made it to the lobby I got out and was surprised to see her walking in front of me. I thought “that was fast” considering our building and the shitty elevators and it’s quitting time, to go back up 5 floors and retrieve your cell and come back down and beat someone already almost out the door. I dismissed the thought and continued the trek to the parking garage. She was there waiting for the elevator. When the doors opened there was a girl already in it on her cell phone. The girl started to walk in then saw the other girl on her cell phone, did an about face and said “Cell phone, elevator, no” and proceeded to take the stairs. Now I understood why she got off the elevator in the building. Why she thinks cell phones and elevators are a bad combination is still an on going mystery. This has happened a couple of times since then, by the way.

*I had a description or her in here but I just don’t think that’s fair….so she will go un-described.*

I’m not going to bring any disgusting bathroom stories into this because it’s just….well…rude. I can say however, that in the rest room she will go into a stall and start mumbling to herself….and chuckles every few seconds. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Believe me that’s just the tip of the iceberg but as I said…that's it for bathrooms stories.

Don’t get me wrong I can’t say that she’s not polite to everyone but she is over in my department alot due to the conference room being right in front of my cube, talking to her co-workers. To me she has this nervous energy that makes her laugh ever few seconds and sway back and forth when she’s having a conversation with someone. Tightly wound is what I call it. This tends to make me really nervous.

After the meetings are over she will usually stay after everyone leaves and pick up things that are left behind in the conference room…mumbling and chucking to herself. I talk to myself, I laugh out loud on occasion if I remember or think of something funny. But this girl has 10 minute conversations with herself with nervous laughter intermingled.

It didn’t help that a guy I’m friends with in her department told me she went off one day in front of the whole crew and completely freaked out. He told me he can see why she freaks me out a little. He said he tends to stay away from her.

I guess she does kind of scare me....in a going postal kind of way.

3 Comments:

Blogger james r. said...

she sounds like she's got schizophrenia or a personality disorder along those lines.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home