Monday, May 29, 2006

I’m going to bitch about this…one more time…

Then I shall hopefully let it rest forever….

Last night a friend called and wanted me to come over. I figured “what else do I have to do on a holiday weekend?” Lot of nothing….except for staring at this computer screen or the TV. Hopped into the shower, started to get ready but didn’t have such a good feeling about going. Brakes on my car are bad…I had had a couple of glasses of wine…holiday weekend…not a good idea. Saw a friend on line and decided that chatting with sj was more of what I wanted to do with my evening.

So I called my friend back and said I wasn’t coming over. He said ok and that was that. He called me 7 times after that….left 7 messages. I just don’t understand that. I never have. I’m neurotic, and I admit this freely but I’ve never left ANYONE 7 messages…as I’ve said before…leave 1 message…or maybe 2….not 7….I will call you back, when, and if I feel like it….no sooner…and no later.

And the plot just thickened….

He called again just now…left a message….with a “call me back”.

THEN…my friend T called right after. I haven’t talked to her since Saturday night. Yet again people astound me.

She said…

“Hey miss India….I got your message from the other night. I’m getting ready to get in the shower and when I get out and get dressed I’m going to call you. You better answer. So give me about an hour. Then I’m calling you. You better pick up the phone because I want to talk to you. So I’ll call you around 2. Pick up the phone…ok bye.”

Over my voicemail people are telling me what to do. Why? Is the first word that comes to mind. Why are you telling me that I have to pick up MY phone? Why are you telling me that after a couple of glasses of wine I’m still fine to drive and should come over even after I have told you no. WHY?

People….Stop….and listen….to what other people have to say. It’s not all about YOU! People have their things and moods….and just flat out don’t feel like being in your world sometimes.

I know that I’m in a different place these days and this different place is starting to make me think. Maybe I need to re-evaluate some of the friendships in my life. They are trying and tiring at points. I don’t really think that friendships should be an effort.

Again…don’t paint me into a corner. Again…don’t leave me a bazillion messages on my voicemail….

Because it makes me want to throw my fucking phone out the window….without the window being open…because when I’m as angry as I am right now…I need some glass to shatter if I’m going to trash my phone…and my window…

No I wouldn’t do it….but it’s a nice visual…the phone…then this stupid keyboard with all the stuck keys.

I’m going off now…to smell the roses…my backyard sounds nice….just away from the world….

Unplugging my phone…not throwing it through the window….

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home