Monday, May 29, 2006

This is what I did without my TV or computer…

Took pictures…obviously…and then something amazing happened….

Yeah not that amazing…just that simple

Took….
Pen and paper.
On my backyard stairs.
I pulled out “the” pen
The one that Joe gave to me
So many years ago
I was 16
Best present I ever got
Listening to, of course, Panic at the Disco
Feeling really good in my own skin
Wind is blowing
Nice day
Should pick the last tangerines off the tree
Or maybe not
Maybe some days
Are just meant
For quiet
No doing
No effort
Just…well
Being
Just random thoughts
I’ve forgotten how good
The pen feels in my hand
The paper under my skin
I forgot how cute my dogs looked in the sun
I forgot how much little things do matter

Ahhhh…I guess we all forget sometimes

It’s nice to be reminded every now and then though.

3 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

brilliant and lovely.

7:14 PM  
Blogger james r. said...

ahh, pens. i remember pens.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home