Sunday, May 28, 2006

When a dream feels real….

A dream that I had this morning sparked a memory of one that I had a long time ago.

Background of the why I had the first dream….
I use to be an usherette at a convention center in Dallas when the circus came to town. Me and a girl that I use to work with would sit on our lunch break in between shows and watch the circus performers practice. We eventually got to know a lot of them. There was one person that caught my eye and me his. His name was Silvio Laskoff. He was from Bulgaria and did the teeter boards. We eventually started talking and became friends. The circus had two units a red and a blue. They would rotate from year to year so I would only see him every other year. One of the times he was in town he gave me some rose perfume. He told me he was quitting the circus to join the army and didn’t know if he would ever be back. I never saw him again.

One night several years later, after the perfume had been used up and the photos of him long packed in a box I had a dream about him.

He was kneeling beside my bed looking down at me running his hand a long my cheek. I woke up to see him standing in the middle of my room wearing the costume he use to perform in. He looked at me and said “Goodbye”. He turned around and walked out of my room.

I snapped a wake right after that. My whole room was filled with the smell of that rose perfume and I could still feel the warmth of his had on my cheek….then in a second it was gone just as mysteriously as it had come.

I had the same kind of dream this morning…

Someone that I know in a certain realm of my life had flown into town. I met him at the airport. He came off the plane and we embraced. I had the distinct feeling that moment was exactly where I was suppose to be at that second in my life. I could smell him and feel the warmth of him though my shirt.

When I woke up I could still smell him and feel his warmth. It actually made me feel a little empty to realize that it was just a dream because that place seemed to be a really nice place to be.

I guess my whole point to this post is can people actually be in the same place in the same second in time somehow that it causes these dreams? How else could these dreams happen? An extremely vivid or over active imagination? I mean we only use, what is it, 5% of our brain power? Maybe when we are asleep we are not quite so aware that we have more power than we think. Maybe I’m just putting too much into it or just wish that people could actually touch at a random moment in time.

3 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

i'm seriously crying reading this.. i so love this idea of reaching out in dreams that if it doesn't exist, well.. it just has to.

7:54 PM  
Blogger james r. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:33 PM  
Blogger james r. said...

stupid blogger says it takes html tags. ha! bullshit! so i had to delete my comment and try again. here goes...

you probably already know what i think about this.... but i believe that somehow, in some way, when things like that happen in dreams, it's really happening. i don't know if it's some part of our minds, or our souls, or what it is, that allows it to happen... but somehow, sometimes, when we dream, we go somewhere where it *does* happen. and i think it's completely real. some unseen connection between souls, perhaps, occurring behind the scenes, behind the *seen*. i don't know. but i prefer to believe in it.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home