Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ahh...California Rain...

It was so nice to wake up to it yesterday morning. I was all cozy in bed with the dogs and the sound of the rain outside the open widows.

Wait…my windows aren’t open.

It took me a second to comprehend what was going on.

I looked up and thought “Is that water coming through my bedroom ceiling? But of course!”

One drip no problem…a couple still not a problem but it was raining in my bedroom.

I called my landlord.

“There’s a leak in my bedroom ceiling.” I said

“Put a bowl under it and I’ll be there tomorrow. He replied

“Dude…I don’t have that many bowls but it’s doesn’t matter to me It soaking through your carpet.”

I think that got his attention.

He worked on it all day in the rain. I slept though most of it because I guess I caught my sisters cold when I was in Texas.

I offered to help at one point but roof meant heights and I don’t do that well.

It made me think that it was nice to be in Texas for a little while. Everyone in my family has nice houses, every room is the perfect tempter, dishes clean, floors spotless, it felt like I was in a resort where I didn’t belong.

It was a culture shock being there and not some much of one when I got home.

It’s hard to sum up that trip because it went by so fast and everything was so special.

I have to say though that as different as we all are as individuals, we all get along amazingly. It was so nice to be there again.

I miss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home