Friday, April 06, 2007

The man that interviewed me spoke a language that few understand...

I just happen to be one of those few.

I didn’t go to school for it and didn’t strive to be it…it just happened that way. Unfortunately for me, it is rare that jobs open up in my field and oh what a job this one is.

After he finished describing the position, he looked up at me and said “I’m sure that didn’t make any sense to you.” I replied, “Of course it did, it’s what I do.” He smiled then laughed.

It took everything I had in me not to jump over his desk, grab his shirt and scream in his face “I am this job!”

It was one of the most amazing job interviews I’ve ever been on and I can’t believe I can actually say that. Hell, I can’t even believe I was considered for this position.

Though the whole thing I kept thinking…where have I been? Is this really me?

I can fuck up turning a light on but when it comes to my job I can be quite amazing. I’ve lost faith in myself over the last couple of years career wise. During those thirty minutes he made me realize what I have accomplished. The passion I still have for my old company and all the shit I’ve been though with it.

I actually had to point out that I worked at my last company twice. The first round I was hired as an assistant. I did the job I was hired for and also did the traffic managers job. When all the clients started to like me more than him things started getting ugly. That’s when I left and went on to greener pastures. A company that was based in Culver City, which is a far cry from Hollywood.

Hmmm…just so happens that company moved into the building of the company I use to work for. They fired the traffic manager a few months later and since I was in the area they hired me back in his position.

“Did the same boss hire you back?” he said

“Yes.”

“That’s impressive.”

“Really. Is it?” I said

Thatishowmyinterviewwent.

I have to laugh…I’ve been trying to write this post all morning. The words just don’t seem to come out right…

Then the phone rang.

Seems another division of the company I currently work for is interested in me.

“Me?”

I had to turn around to see if someone else was behind me.

Heh…

3 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

I have a lot of thoughts about these posts...and I'll comment but for now I'll simply say

Look at India, kicking that ass!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Incrediblyirrational said...

and that's falling from from grace

1:32 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

it must have been the hat!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home