Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I asked about Adam...

“He’ll never be the same” he said.

I knew I shouldn’t have asked.

The store started to twirl around me and the tears started to roll down my face.

I remember him on the ground bloody and twisted.

“I was there.” I said

“You were?”

“Yeah, I was telling him not to move.”

A manager walked by and heard us talking and saw me and asked the situation.

“You were there?”

“Yes”

He walked two steps and tapped a guy on the shoulder and he turned around…

I almost screamed “You were there with a girl when I was calling 911.”

He smiled and nodded.

I proceeded to not know what the fuck I was doing.

I broke down in Trader Joe’s.

All the sudden he said “Are you alright?”

“Yeah…I’m sorry…I’ll be fine.”

I went to my car and sobbed…I just don’t do that.

Some moments in time freeze. The night on the bridge did.

It’s hard to describe a picture when you are the only person that has seen it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Fuck

I have in my life been in a passenger in a car that hit a train, for months I heard the sound of metal against metal.

I'm not trying to compare, I'm just saying I am sorry.

4:55 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

I've been there. No one can compare. All we can do is listen.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home