Saturday, November 03, 2007

I heard a whisper in my ear.

I was standing at the doorway of the billing managers office.

I spun around to no one.

I looked around…nothing.

Nancy looked at me “Are you ok?”

“Ummm…yeah. Did you see someone just walk by…Chris maybe.”

“No.”

She started talking about invoices and tear sheets and I don’t remember one fucking word of it.

The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end.

It was like a warm breath blew in my ear…a dark, hollow “heyyy.”

I always thought ghosts wandered at night.

Seems one dragged his ass out of bed this afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger nataS said...

It was me.

8:49 AM  
Blogger murray said...

i used to have that experience sometimes, although only when i was alone. i would hear a voice so loud and clear that i couldn't believe it was just in my head. usually just a word.

i think it's either the brain having a brief malfunction, or a voice slipping in from a parallel universe via a momentary glitch in the space-time continuum.

11:58 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

I know it was Natas...it could have been no other.

Grumble, I've heard my name before being screamed as I was falling asleep but never have I felt that sensation in the light of day.

I would have been really bizarre if it happened on Halloween.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home