Friday, October 26, 2007

Cole…


It wasn’t the cancer that took him, like we all thought, it was a hit and run.

M had to have him put down today.

I will miss him…

Jumping all over me when I walked through her front door

Taking the pizza crust from my hand and walking away…M said he never likes to eat in public.

Him lying underneath the chair in M’s computer room that I sat in.

Running down the street in my bathing suit chasing him…uphill…for blocks.

M telling me about him busting through the door after the mailman, mail flying through the air.

Unfortunately, her son lost his best friend today.

Hopefully, he can be replaced…in time.

But I don’t know how many dogs out there will wear a half of a watermelon on their head.

That dog was a trooper.

Cole will be missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger murray said...

In the words of an Aussie band called The Fauves, "dogs are the best people."

Sorry.

4:10 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

You're right grumble...they are. Thanks. I'm sure M will appreciate it, as do I.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

God made dog in his mirror image...

I love dogs more than people.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home