Friday, October 19, 2007

At least I broke down by a bar


I thought that my car would make it home…not so lucky this time. It made it 2 miles…then I saw the steam rising.

I sat at a Chevron right by my work for over an hour waiting for traffic to die down. Unbeknown to me I didn’t have to wait that long. The Monster didn’t make it a block from there.

At least it started steaming by a bar “Saints and Sinners” it’s a pretty cool place.

I left work at 5:30 and got home at 10:30.

What I thought was funny is, I paid my insurance today up until March of next year ($385) bought another gallon of coolant ($10) and renewed my membership to AAA ($70) BUT since I was so far from home the tow was ($99). Oh shit I forgot that I stopped and got gas ($20) and one drink at S&S ($7) all in one day almost $600 and I haven’t even gotten the damn thing fixed yet. Shit.

That was a $600 day. Glad I got paid on Monday.

Also, I rented a car for tomorrow because the Monster is toast until Saturday so that’s another $50 but it was a deal, I have it the whole weekend…just in case.

So it was a $650 day but I have to admit it wasn’t that tragic. A car breaking down is nothing new to me and I found a cool spot to have a drink if I don’t want to sit in traffic. I didn’t know that I could do three way on my cell phone. Two of my friends talked for the first time in a couple of years.

All in all…it was a cool night...I just wish my car's radiator felt the breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home