Wednesday, September 30, 2009

“Whore’s Bath?”


Excuse me…I thought you said horse bath.

How I would mistake these two? I think it’s all about the accent.

Just to give people the jest of the story my plumbing failed yet again this morning…and when I say morning I mean 5am. Sewage came up in my shower.

Fabulous!

So to skip all the in between, it came down to how me and my roommate were going to have a shower…with out a shower.

I was on my cell phone talking to him and he said, “I guess I’ll just have to take a horse’s bath.” I thought I didn’t hear him correctly.

Okay…well’s he’s from Indiana so I don’t know what the fuck they do there. Horse’s bath it is for him.

Me…well I was just going to take a “spit bath” as my grandmother called it and Mindy reminded me of it when this next conversation ensued.

When I called Mindy I recounted what was happening and told her what Robert said, “Mindy, he’s going to take a horse bath.”

“Oh yeah I’ve had to do that before.”

“A horse bath?” I said.

“A whore’s bath.” She said.

“Yeah a horse bath.” I said.

You see where this is leading don’t you?

“No India, a WHORE’S bath.”

My brain finally wrapped it self around that one.

“Oh…”

Still had no clue what it meant.

(Side note…Mindy has had bad plumbing too. Just to get that straight.)

I was readily informed by both parties what it exactly meant.

“A whore in the olden days use to clean herself between johns. That’s called a whore’s bath.”

Well that would explain it…I felt as if I was bathed in a brothel and put out to dry.

As Mindy said, you learn something new every day…and she is so right.

Even if it’s the simplest of things.

I can’t even describe all of the jokes that went back and fourth.

It made me smile.

Then we have Mindy’s dishwasher…ahh…another blog.

Today totally freaked out so many people.

It was fabulous!

Now I must be off…to take a Whore’s bath.

Wish me luck…it’s my first time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

LOL! A situation that would send most into a rage (me included) but you were able to find the funny in it.

So, thatishowyourmorningwent...I hope all is back in order now.

P.S. I've also heard 'French bath'.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous You Know Who from Whoville said...

I've always wanted Saturday Night Live to do a spoof commercial for baby wipes...
Picture it: A pretty mom is gently wiping her little baby with a Baby Wipe.
Cut To: Same pretty mom standing in an alley, wiping her crotch with the same brand of Baby Wipe.
"Gentle and versatile for all sorts of cleaning."
(Michael just said that I have one fucked up imagination. Eh, so what?)

1:01 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Oh Dee...you didn't see me when I as washing hair color out of my hair (yeah this color don't grow on trees...or does it?) in the kitchen sink and walked into bathroom to get another towel. My whole bathroom was covered in red water. It was like a bad B horror movie and 3 pairs of my shoes were the victims.

Any one that knows me knows you don't fuck with my shoes. I wanted some one's soul!

Slumlord wasn't having it. Basically told me it was my fault...he's crazy and crazy don't listen so I just roll with the punches now.

11:13 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Whoville...i do not think you have one fucked up imagination...well...not about this any way.

I would think it would be fabulous if the container had two sides. "One for baby and one for me! Baby gets baby wipes and Mommy gets something a little more grown up."

I've heard too many men say "That's why they call them BABY wipes."

No one wants to hear the stories I've heard.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0728

tory burch handbags
nike factory
jordan shoes
nike requin pas cher
ugg boots clearance
nike chaussure femme
kate spade outlet online
canada goose outlet
nike huarache femme
ugg boots on sale 70% off







8:44 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike air max 2019
nike air huarache
nike epic react
hermes handbags
yeezy boost 350 v2
fila
adidas zx flux
louboutin
jordan 13
yeezy boost 350

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home