Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"Black Tuesday" V-Day

Well here we are on yet another pinnacle V-day.

I had an idea years ago before I met my "decade nightmare" to dress all in black on Valentine's Day. I think that it is appropriate due to the fact that there was a St.Valetine's Day massacre. Did I dream that? So today, for me, it was my "black Tuesday". Flowers and candy everywhere at the office. People scurrying like rats when the lights are turned on in a condemned building. Guess a condemned building wouldn't have lights but you get the point. Hell, I even saw a guy covered with tattoos running up the office stairs with a "Tiffiany's" bag. Engagement ring? Or was he just late for lunch with her because he forgot the present....or running scared!

Who knows. I do think that the person that came up with this holiday was a woman. Men don't do this shit. They also really don't get that much satisfaction from it, I wouldn't think. The sheer pressure. Where to go, what to buy her and how the hell can I afford it. No, in my case those were the thoughts that went through my mind. So I can't even imagine a guy doing it year after year, for so many different women. Wait...I did it for one...for years and years...I think I'm semi even.

I do know what it's like and it sucks. This one didn't though. He's not here anymore. No more shitty Xmas with no presents or trees no lights and absolutes no happiness. No more birthdays without dinners or cards....No more New Years when he decided he wanted to spend them more with the snow than me.....

Just a very happy "Black Tuesday"
I would like to say I'm morning his death
But that would give him to much fucking statifaction.

Happy V-Day to all
And to all a good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

yeah, your computer is working.. i think there was a massacre.. right?? happy black tuesday!! love you!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home