Friday, August 25, 2006

I forgot how annoying the world can be sometimes...

Ran out of dog food so I knew I had to go to the store today. Dogs had pepperoni sandwiches this morning for breakfast...not the best for their health but they seemed to like them.

I got yet another fucking parking ticket because I forgot to move my car this morning. I still haven't paid the other one in fact it doubled. Yea, yea....my own fault...but I....ummm...forgot about it.

Got to the grocery store put a bottle of wine in my carry basket and then to the pharmacy to get prescriptions filled for next weekend. The looming MRI that will now take 1½ hours instead of 20 mins. I shall need a hell of a lot of Valium for that and Ambien afterwards.

I set my basket on the counter and gave the pharmacist my prescriptions. She looked at prescription, then at me and then at the bottle of wine in my basket and said, not very nicely I might add..."I hope that wine isn't for you, you can't drink with these medications." I looked at her and thought thanks lady you just ruined my thoughts of impending suicide tonight. "No there for an MRI next weekend."I said. She started looking at the prescription and then started babbling something about no date being on the prescription. She called the Doctors office but they were closed. She said "Honey, I can't fill these until I get the ok from your doctor because he didn't date the prescription and the Ambien is too high a dosage for you." Well thank you I didn't know that you had become my Dr. I'm not sure I believed her about the date and I don't really care, I just don't like being talked to like a 5 year old when my doctor gave me these for a purpose. I told her it was fine I don't need them today. She said "Well, sugar you come back on Monday, I work a 12 hour shift and I will call your doctor and get them for you." I walked away mentally shooting her the finger.

I was really looking forward to a Valium tonight that idea was instantly canned. Thanks again lady.

When leaving the store I was confronted with 3 guys outside petitioning. As I walked by one of them he said to me "Help us stop the start of World War III." I turned long enough to say "Hasn't it already started?"

I just don't like being harassed all the time when I go somewhere in this town. Especially outside stores. Someone is always asking for or selling something. Even standing on the street at work smoking. People will ask me for an extra smoke when, by the look of them, they have a hell of a lot more money than I do. Go buy your own. I've actually had a guy ask me for a smoke and when I told him the only one I had was the one I was smoking he asked for a drag off it. I looked at him with a blank stare of incomprehension.

He eventually walked away.

3 Comments:

Blogger james r. said...

it may only be a small city of a million people, but i don't think i'll be moving back anytime soon. give me a small town within driving distance for anything major that i can't live without and that's fine with me. it's just too insane in the city. i'd lose my mind in L.A. ...

11:02 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

oh how i miss l.a.!! i had a guy literally put his upper body into my drivers side window (with me sitting there) and demand gas money for his car.. he was huge and quite scary.. i gave him the money. bastard.

7:11 AM  
Blogger megaton said...

when people want me to sign something i tell them im illiterate.

when people want money from me i tell them i havent seen my pimp yet.

when people want to sell me something i show them where i work.

when all else fails i slay them.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home