Friday, August 11, 2006

The question of the day….

Is everyone basically good?

I was talking to M tonight. We were discussing this. She is better than I in this respect. She believes as I use to, that all people are basically good.

I never use to question if someone was good or bad. It really never entered my mind. I got fucked over so many times and was hurt but never looked out for the next because what I saw coming shouldn’t be anything than just a person right?

Wrong. I never knew that people could feed on good. They do. It’s very surprising to me that the old saying is true “give them an inch and they will take a mile”.

Even the years with DD, I swore to everyone that he had a good heart. I was proven wrong on so many occasions. Do I still think that he’s a good person, with a good heart? No. When he figures his shit out maybe…no one could possibly do what he did to me and be classified as a good person. I do hold out hope for him though….

I know that all people are complicated….but hateful, cruel and manipulative….I just don’t understand…and I choose not to care anymore.

I have come to be one of the tainted. I don’t trust people as much anymore, which I thought I would never do.

I’d love to have the graceful heart I use to….maybe I am becoming one of which I speak…

I hope not…

5 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

he's not a good person, even if he gets his shit together. (yeah right!)
people are basically good. really, there have been studies.
:)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

People are good...unless they are evil.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In general, people are good. Sometimes they might do mean things, but only if they benefit from them in some way. And, I think, the benefit has to, in their minds, outweigh the hurt they might be causing someone else. Of course, I'm not a licensed psychologist or anything, so I might be full of shit!

12:25 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

M, I guess your first 2 sentences is what I'm talking about. I've never seen you do mean things to people to benefit yourself. So when other people do it, I have to ask why. It's because they only care for themselves....that to me is not a good person. for anyone to cause intentional pain on someone else for self gain is unacceptable to me.

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True that!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home