Friday, August 04, 2006

I have successfully…

Whittled down...in my life what means the most to me. I guess it comes with age.

For the very first time, in a long time….I have no fear…not like I use to.

He’s in sober living now and I don’t have to think of the repercussions if he gets fucked up and comes here. I can walk out of my house in the morning and don’t even think about seeing him. I come home at night and don’t even imagine him drunk on my front stoop. As the commercial says…”Priceless”…and believe me…it is.

I’ve been caged for so long. Isolated by him, his fears…there is no word for what he was…or is.

It’s all about me now….which it hasn’t been for a long fucking time.

I’m tired of people walking all over me and me not being able to speak my mind. I’m tired of caring about people and they don’t think twice about me.

I finally found some of my courage.

4 Comments:

Blogger james r. said...

i don't mean to get all Obi-Wan Kenobi on you, but i have to quote him because it's appropriate: "You've taken your first step into a much larger world."

awesome, India. awesome awesome. :)

2:49 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

i'm glad you speak your mind. that's what i love about you.

6:20 AM  
Blogger megaton said...

my sentiments exactly.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Well done, sista souljah. Only known you a short time, but I'm proud of you.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home