Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What’s my phone number again?

I didn’t know that changing my phone number would be such a fucking pain in the ass. Wasn’t the reason I changed it enough.

I was on the internet last night…about 12am I went to blogger and got the message “this page can not be viewed”. Fuck.

I reboot. Same error message. Since I am now very educated in the testing systems of my DSL I pull the DSL line and connect it straight to the phone jack. Same message. Fuck.

So I called. Now we all know that certain parts of AT&T are not open at night. Tech support is, so after all the fucking recordings I finally got a live person. I was told that AT&T cut it off but tech support didn’t know why and billing was closed. I paid my bill two weeks ago so I knew it wasn’t that. I hate that frustration of something not working and no one could help.

So this morning, when I got to work, I called. I was on the phone for a fucking hour. I went though tech, billing and then open accounts, because that little “cut off” put my email on pause with the threat of loosing it all together….bastards.

I finally found a girl that helped me. She said that when I changed my phone number I was in limbo. I was caught between my old number and my new one. Why they chose to turn off the new one was anybody’s guess…even hers. She even had to search to find someone that could fix it. She said there was no “procedure” for what had happened. Only this would happen to me.

At least with dial up I counted on it never working….DSL just fucks with me when their offices are closed. I really fucking hate that.

Another thing I hate is when someone treats someone else they don’t know like garbage. A woman at the grocery store today was such the witch. Older woman, in one of the zoom…zoom carts that they have in the stores these day. The woman being a bitch was over a bell pepper…one bell pepper (fucking hate bell peppers, by the way). She said it was on sale and the cashier had someone go to check. I was waiting in the next line over and she started yelling at the guy. “I don’t have time for this, do you think I came here to spend the night? Give me my money back. I know it was on sale and I don’t have time for this. Give me my money back!” The man was trying to punch in the codes to get her money to her. She kept say “Give me my money back, I want to leave.” As I was walking out of the store I actually heard the guy lose his cool. “I am trying to give you your money back can you please just give me a second!” I heard the woman mutter another “I just want to go.”

I paused as I walked out, I really wanted to say to the woman “Do you make everyone’s life around you miserable because you’re that miserable?”

Have I bitched enough yet? Yeah, I think so…

By the way Lil’ Roo wasn’t here when I got home tonight….either he found his way home or somebody got really fucking hungry.

And in my neighborhood….I wouldn’t be surprised…

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lil Roo...I love it! Sooo cute!

9:52 PM  
Blogger james r. said...

don't ya just love all the little "conveniences" our modern world offers us? stupid AT&T.

i hate bell peppers, too. blech.

and i didn't take the chicken. it wasn't me. i promise. really. it's just entirely coincidental that i had chicken for supper. honest. no really.

hey, are feathers recyclable...?

;)

1:07 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

now, now.. you called her a witch like that's a bad thing..
and lil roo is ok.. he's in griffith park playing with all the pervs.
:)
bell peppers are soooo yummy!
:) hehehee

6:32 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

Hey, you didn't get the note that told the entire world that riding on a HSSC...high speed shopping cart, entitles you to priviledges that mere mortals do not have?

For example,

*I can block each aisle...
*I can drive in the middle of the aisle forcing smaller carts to the side of the aisle...
*I can yell at other human beings just because I have become a victim of my own stupidity and my inability to conduct myself in public with good manners...

8:18 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

Not that I have anything against HSSCs...or those that really need them, but from my experiences, many of those using a HSSC can be quite rude...as can people that do not.

8:50 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

M…I love the fact that you are no longer anonymous….

sj…I know now you didn’t high jack my rooster…shit…did I just say “my?” fuck.

Minn…I shouldn’t have said witch…I deeply apologize for this. She was in all actuality…a bitch.

Otis…HSSC…heh…I like that. I felt like doing what they do in the movies, lodging something against the gas, point her toward the door and as I’m waving goodbye yell ”Say hello to the traffic!”

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home