Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yeah…I’m from Texas….you got a problem with that?


Minn sent me this shirt. I don’t think that I’ve ever worn it without someone making a derogatory comment because of it. This….really….fucking….irritates me.

I like the shirt. It’s orange, one of my favorite colors, it has the longhorn symbol which I think is classic. I like the fucking shirt, get it people? And being from Texas is a juicy cherry on top.

I don’t need to hear “Oh, are you a Longhorn?” Do I look like a fucking Longhorn? “Oh…are you from Texas?” Yeah, as a matter of fact I am. Even these two statements were said in a belittling manner.

I guess the worse was when I was walking to the store. They were doing construction on the street and there were four workers sitting on a bulldozer. As I was walking by one of the guys yelled “Texas Sucks!” Without breaking my stride I turned, smiled, shot them the finger, and continued walking. They all busted out laughing and one started yelling “It wasn’t us it was him. Come back Cheeka.” Fuck off.

All of this probably has nothing to do with the fact that the Longhorns kicked the Trojans asses in The Rose Bowl game. Not that I’m not a huge fan of football, especially college ball, but I watched that game…Trojans got cocky and Longhorns won. I love it when that shit happens.

At least thinking of that game gives me a little warm...fuzzy...fuck you in my head when I hear the snide comments.

One more thing about something completely unrelated....

I have something to say to two people that have lately brought up “a light illuminating” on their car dashboards. My car heard you…he caught the fever. Yesterday my O2 light came on. (Big O little 2) Which I was told today by a friend means my car doesn’t have enough oxygen. The damn thing sits outside all day and night, how much more oxygen does it need? I know…I know…it’s the exhaust or something that has to do with it. But I’m with Minn…can’t the light tell me if it’s going to explode before I get it to the mechanic? It just pisses me off that all my cars have only known one number when I take them to the shop…$500...and no…it’s not my mechanic…I know them.

Ah well….that’s my Saturday planned out for me. Sitting in my mechanic’s waiting room…with no air conditioning, don’t I pay them enough to at least get a window unit?

Lil’ Roo update:
There he was in my next door neighbor’s yard when I came home from work. I guess I should start feeding him.

What do roosters eat?

6 Comments:

Blogger megaton said...

an o2 sensor should cost between 40 and 70 bucks depending on your vehicle. add an hour's worth of labor and you shouldnt pay more than $150 bucks.

the problem might also be too much oxygen mixing with your fuel. depending on whether its too little or too much an improper o2/fuel mixture can lead to excess pollution and possibly engine damage.

it also might simply be a faulty relay.

roosters like to eat insects. i worked on a farm in michigan last year and they fucking loved insects, spiders, slugs and all sorts of lower orders.

12:38 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

That comment made me feel a little better. So, on a wish, I might sail through the next two days without an explosion? I’m still wondering if “The Monster” is thinking $500 instead of $150. That remains to be seen.

As for Lil’ Roo…I don’t do “live creatures” any other suggestions?

1:35 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

If you really want to feed him, look in the yellow pages for a feed and seed store. There, they should have products for chickens.

The drawback to having a chicken in a small yard is the manure it generates.

The plus side? It increases the soil fertility...your grass will love you.

6:04 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

feed him spiders.. i hate spiders.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG- I read the O2 thing during one of my classes today & totally cracked up! Thanks for making me laugh!

8:42 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

What are you doing on the internet during class? tsk...tsk. heh

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home