Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I didn’t realize that I had been out of the reading world for so long


I usually read hand me down books because at least I can get a more general idea if I’ll like it by the person that gives it to me and if it’s as good as write ups say it is.

The last few books that I’ve bought weren’t quite the page turners that I had hoped and there are currently hanging around here collecting dust because if a book doesn’t get me within the first 20 pages it’s a goner. I refuse to waste time on a book that doesn’t interest me when there is another sitting on my book self that will.

I went to my local grocery store today and since their remodel a few weeks ago they have rearranged where their paperbacks are. I actually walked by them today and as I passed I saw the above cover. Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors.

I don’t usually pay full price for books but I just had to. When I got home I started to wonder if I had missed anymore of his books since I really haven’t been paying attention. So I looked it up. Well of course I have and of course there is one before this one in this particular series.

Now I’m wondering if I should wait to read this one until I get the first. I’m not a patient person when it comes to things like this but I don’t want to spoil the experience either.

Shit…anticipation…sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it.

2 Comments:

Blogger lunkhead said...

I just finished reading "The History of Death" on a plane trip. Nothing spectacular but it didn't lose me in the first 20 pages.

10:28 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

was it at least good?

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home