Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tattoo shops are a different world…

When I was there yesterday I thought about a post that Megaton wrote. The one that discussed Americans and how we don’t talk to each other.

I met six people yesterday. Including the owner of the shop who actually drew out my tattoo…in two seconds…I hated him and admired him all at once for that because I could only wish for a quarter of his talent.

Everyone was talking to everyone else there. Asking for opinions on tatts, telling stories about ones that they got…there was even one girl that got the old cooch tattooed and she was pretty much out there for everyone to see and no one cared.

There was also a little girl there with her parents and she walked up to me and said “I like the earring in your eye.” Heh…she made me smile.

I really wish the world could be as simple as it was contained in that shop and it could if people were just a little more open.

But in the normal day it just isn’t that way.

It’s all judgment…fear…who knows…but it’s really fucking stupid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

I agree with you about the judgement and fear thing.

In the end, we're all people headed down the same road...but there are those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers...

Wait, that's something else entirely.

I like your new tatt. I respect you for getting it.

8:35 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

i really should work on talking to more people.. they would think i was crazy... maybe i'll just go get a tattoo instead! ;)

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home