Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What a Shit hole of a day…

And I was at the bottom of the hole.

I should have know how the day was going to go when I walked by my boss “L” this morning as I was coming in and said “Good Morning” and she looked at me as if I had slept with her husband and she found out about it. Brrrrrr…is it cold in here or is it just me?

I mean she had ever right to be angry with me I was 4 minutes late.

Oh well…another day another fucking bitch mood.

I sat down at my desk and starting reading my email.

TO: India - FROM: L – RE: Priority
TO: India - FROM: L – RE: Project
TO: India’s Boss in NY – FROM: L - RE: Acct. List CC: India
TO: Head of Finance In Home office – FROM: L - RE: Account Program CC: India

TO: L - FROM: India RE: KISS MY FUCKING ASS!!!

Have you lost the ability to read? Haven’t you seen all the emails back and fourth about all of the above issues? Oh I’m sorry you had to hear the answers from someone more important than me. How silly I can be at times.

I guess it made you feel very superior to make me look like a fucking incompetent moron to just about everyone I talk to within the company. Ya did a damn good job. Thanks! :)

TO: India – FROM: L – RE: Project
India,
When do you think you will have this project finished?

REPLY FROM: India
By the end of the week.

REPLY FROM: L
I need it tomorrow. What else pressing do you have on your desk?

REPLY FROM: India
You will have it tomorrow.

This meant that I had to drop everything else I was working on. Plus she sent me another email requesting something else and when I didn’t run into her office with it she questioned where it was. She failed to tell me it took precedence over the project I was currently working on for her.

That was at 10:30 this morning. She walked by my desk at least 20 times back and fourth to the printer throughout the day and never looked at me or spoke a word to me for the rest of the day.

Do ya think she hates me? Hmmm….I just can’t tell.

Now why all the sudden she chose to blatantly kick my ass into the ground is beyond me. Wow…DID I sleep with her husband? Yeah….I don’t think so…ewe.

After I left work I expected some game show host in a bad sequin suit to jump out in front of me at the parking garage and scream…

“Guess what you’ve won for the shitty day you’ve just had…

The elevator in the parking garage is broken again and you are on the 5th floor! You’ve just won 5 flights of stairs in a urine drenched stairwell!
There is currently a huge wreck on the 101 and you get to sit in traffic freezing your ass off because you forgot your jacket today and your car has no heater!
Also there will be no parking on your street so you get to carry four heavy bags of groceries two blocks!

It’s your lucky day…most people don’t get all three AND a shitty day!”

There is one thing I can say about this city though….I don’t have to look very far to realize just how lucky I am.

I stopped at the liquor store on my way home (surprised?) and there was a homeless man standing behind me with a quarter to buy one cigarette. After I paid I turned around and almost ran right into him…I smiled and said “Excuse me.” He looked back at me with a blank stare. As I was getting into my car I saw him walk out of the liquor store. He walked to the edge of the parking lot and sat down on a cement wall that separated the store from the street. I drove past him and he looked and me and cracked a small smile.

I have a home….I have someone to come home to…they may only be my dogs but they love me. I have a family and I have friends…and for the time being I have a job.

GODDAMMIT! Is there one day that I can just STAY mad and wallow in it????

Fuck.

6 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

DAMN! You had a black cloud over you all day...

What does tomorrow look like?

I hope it's better than today.

11:01 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

oohh...i remember that stairwell. i always had to take it instead of waiting for the elevator...(i was ALWAYS late!) hahah!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Walter said...

While you have a job, a place to live, two creatures and some blog buddies who love you, your asshole boss only has a job. Try not to hate the people who have less than you. ;)

8:34 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I'll buy you TWO cigarettes to cheer you up...

(anyone have a quarter?)

10:18 AM  
Blogger megaton said...

sing a song of sixpence
a pocket full of rye
four and twenty blackbirds
baked in a pie

3:46 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Black cloud…yes
Urine smell in the morning? I think I’d rather have coffee
I don’t hate…I just hate what people do
I have a quarter
Blackbeard

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home