Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Oh I’m glad I did…




Feeling the way I felt this weekend…hmm…a little weird in my skin… and trying not to go out and spend money to make myself feel better was a little tough…today got the best of me.

I went to my ever famous thrift store and started sorting though the CD’s. I found the three above that peaked my curiosity.

I’ve been out of the music world for…well forever it seems. There has always been a million influences on me…but mine. Now I want to find what I like…the norm or not the norm. So I tend to sort though CD’s at that thrift store and it has become a game to me.

Pick and chose by the cover and the songs. It’s not the modern world there. No headphones to see if you like it…all about feeling when you hold it up and look at it.

Tonight was a good night. Two bucks a shot. I got 6 bucks of goods…maybe even great.

I’m going critique…such a stupid word…ok just tell you what the fuck I think they are like.

My favorite is “Mourning Noise.” Cross between The Sex Pistols and the Ramones fighting in an alley and being recorded. Unfortunately, as the pic depicts…long gone. Glad I found it. This band…the musician are extremely talented in their own right but the guitar player and drummer are insane talented.

“July For Kings” Swim
The reason that I picked this CD was because on the back of the CD…one of the band members was wearing a CBGB shirt…may the club, I never saw but always wanted to, rest in peace. They are a little Seattle and main stream. Me and Minn looked them up and they have a couple of CD’s…they are also done.

Can’t bands just get along? Heh…

“Sunset Black” Common Ground
The album name says it all. It’s ok…team players…no one outshines the other….well the singer might…but that’s always a given sometimes.

Not to say that I’m an expert about any music, this is purely my point of view and after living with musicians…they tended to pour their wisdom…or lack there of…all over me.

I finally realized their wisdom was jealousy. What I thought was amazing in them I now realize is mediocrity. I guess they knew it because every CD I bought that I loved they thought was trash and it soon disappeared…without my knowledge.

I’ve found now that I can buy music and chose to like it and play it over and over and over again…or give it away…throw it in the garbage but now it never disappears without my knowledge.

It’s mine….my music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

Just from the covers, I would have picked Mourning Noise!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home