Saturday, January 13, 2007

What is it about me?

I often wonder if I look like a Latino gang member or maybe it’s that I look such the opposite.

All I know is the male Latino gang members or wanna be gang member love the looks of whatever I have. Only Minneee understands the true concept of that statement.

I went to 7-11 to get my Saturday morning Slurpee which probably wasn’t a good choice since it’s 50 here and now I’m freezing my ass off but that’s beside the point…

When I was waiting in line there was a guy in front of me buying beer. He kept looking at me. I kept looking behind me to see who he was looking at…there was no one behind me. Hmmm….he’s attractive…nice smile…arms the size of my thighs, that’s always a plus. The tattoo on his bald skull and the Spanish tag tattoo swirling around his neck was still extremely attractive but not enough to visualize myself staring down the barrel of a gun one day. He looked at me again and smiled…opened his wallet and searched through the hundreds to find a twenty. Drug money? Then he asked the clerk for a cell calling card. Can’t commit? Interesting. His friend walked up he paid and they walked out of the store. Me and short lived romances…ahhh the power of my imagination.

My turn…I paid for my goods and walked out to my car. While fumbling to find my keys I looked up and there he stood smiling at me from across the parking lot…I looked behind me again to see who he was smiling at. There was no one behind me.

I smiled back...keys…car…go.

Now I usually never pass up any opportunity to meet anyone because I believe that you can find a best friend for life or that certain special person in the strangest of places and there is always the aspect of learning along the way.

I’ve been know to ignore enormous red flags that literally slap me in the face but this one screamed being found dead in a ditch somewhere due to unknown causes.

This is where I draw the line…I mean come on…I have to draw it somewhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

Órale...tienes cuidado vata!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Otis, leave my mother out of this!

10:09 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

no fair! what does that mean?

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home