Thursday, January 11, 2007

There has been an ongoing trend here that I’ve noticed…

And I don’t really understand it.

I get the concept of Traffic police…you know the ones that actually direct traffic when a light is out. Is that what their called…hmmm not sure.

Lately I’ve seen many of them standing on the corners of certain intersections that get congested at times during rush hour.

I’m sorry…did I say standing on the corner? Yeah that’s right…standing on the corner…just kind of hanging out watching the cars pile up.

The cars stack up and I sit and watch the light turn from green to yellow then red…again and again and again. Then I turn and look at Mr. White Gloves standing on the corner either staring up at the sky, talking on his cell phone or tilting his head sideways with the most curious look on his face. I’ve seen that look before…in my ex when he had snorted enough coke to keep a small nation awake or when I ask one of my dogs a question that we all know can’t be answered.

Interesting…

Now maybe I’m a little slow sometimes…I’ll admit it myself but I really don’t think they should be standing on the corner.

I’ve actually envisioned one of them jumping out in front of my car and yelling “BOO!” with their arms out stretched and their little white gloves doing a razzmatazz…or my second favorite…stripping one of the gloves off and moon walking across the intersection. During Christmas I thought at least they could put on a Santa hat and have one of those kettles for collections and ring one of those annoying bells.

No…they just stand there waiting for some traffic crisis of such mass proportions that the world may not be the same after it happens.

I can only hope I’m there to witness it…or at least a small moon walk…somethin… come on…throw a girl a bone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Walter said...

The traffic cops are on the corner waiting for the Krispy Kreme delivery truck, but what they don't know is if they actually went out and directed traffic, the Krispy Kreme truck would get there faster.

Oh, the white gloves are departmental issue, apparently there was a public outcry in the 60's when several traffic cops were on the corner eating Krispy Kreme donuts and licking their fingers. They still stand on the corner, with or without donuts, but at least they don't lick their fingers anymore.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

I've never seen one of those here...that's probably a good thing because if they actually stood in the street, they might get hit by everyone trying to run the red lights.

A Krispy Kreme would be good right about now...or two...or three.

10:40 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

yum.. krispy kreme...i'm sorry, what were we talking about??

6:01 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

i have yet to experience a Krispy Kreme. Maybe the time has come.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Otis said...

India...you dont' know what you're missing!

At one time, I would drive 30 minutes and wait for them to turn on the sign in the window that says...'

"HOT DONUTS ARE READY"

They were my crack cocaine! Wait!

BRB, I think I need to go see my dealer...

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home