Saturday, October 24, 2009

I knew I shouldn’t have picked up the phone…

But she’s an old friend. Before the falling out we had been friends for 18 years.

For a year I thought that I had said something so fowl to her that she didn’t want to talk to me any more.

My mistake. She called me over the holidays last year and I didn’t answer. She told me she was offended because I didn’t answer her calls.

I called her a couple of weeks later and left messages. She never called me back. I called sporadically over the last year. No call back.

I never had any conclusion to my sadness for a friendship that I thought was lost.

Guess what? That sadness ended when learning that me not picking up the phone offended her. That disgusted me.

Also, she just broke up with her boy friend of a year and a half.

She has run out of people to call that actually want to listen…again and again and again.

Hell, I’ve been there. I’ve done it so many times and I know that some times you need some one to listen.

The one thing I can’t get over is after 18 years she stopped communication because she that I was ignoring her.

I’ve wondered for a year about her…hoping she was doing good that nothing bad happened.

Waste of time.

She just thought I was ignoring her.

Lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I've never been able to understand how a 'friend for life' as some people vehemently vow, suddenly decide they just don't want to communicate with you anymore.

Happened with a friend I had ever since 5th grade. Never really knew why. I know relationships aren't perfect, we hurt each other's feelings, but to suddenly drop out with no explanation...or for some trivial reason...it's a mystery.

Alas, people are complex creatures but sometimes they are just petty bitches. :)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home