Friday, February 17, 2006

Snowman

I watched him throw my life in the garbage and didn’t make a sound.
I saw him build a snowman on the front lawn…and didn’t say a word.
I watched the world go by as he lived it.
I saw the mess,
The demise,
Then…came to see nothing,
Without him.
Now he is gone

I stand here, a shell
digging through the garbage
to find me again
there is no me to be found
empty…
the garbage is empty.
I am no longer there.

He took it with him.
My scared thoughts
Trusted dreams
Guarded secrets
He stole them,
From what use to be my life

He took it all

But the Snowman still stands…on my front lawn.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

beautiful poem. however, you aren't all gone, you are actually more whole now than you ever were before (with b), ok?? seriously. love u

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home