Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Happy Birthday Mindy….Once then twice…

Mindy and I are “special” when it comes to our birthdays. Not special in the sense of “Oh it’s your special day” special…..but retarded special.

Mindy’s story…..
Mindy was adopted. (I hope you don’t mind me saying that Min but there is no other way to tell the story). She was born on May 10th which she considers her real birthday. But her family celebrated it on May 11th the day they actually got her. Now I’m not sure when she found out her REAL birthday was on the 10th. I just tried to call her and she didn’t answer. So I’m sure she will remind me. Anyway, basically she has 2 birthdays. I will call her tomorrow for what she considers HER real birthday and then call again Thursday and wish her happy "what her FAMILY thinks it’s her real birthday" birthday. Is anyone confused yet???

Well hold on to your horses cowboys cause it gets more so…..

My story….
Born July 31st…or so I thought. I however, am not adopted but after finding out what I’m about to tell you I almost wished I was, then, and only then, would have an excuse.

After I moved here to California and finally got a job they needed a copy of my birth certificate. No problem, my mom sent it to me. I opened it up and for the first time noticed that it said July 30th….not 31st. By the way my birthday had never been or believed was any other day then the 31st. I called my mom and asked what the deal was. My mother, being who she is said “It doesn’t say that.” I said “Yes mom it does”. She continued to argue with me. Finally she went and got the original. Now it’s not like I was born at 11:59PM or anything. I was born at 5:30pm. She had no explanation.

By the way when I first got my driver’s license I took my birth certificate which clearly stated 7/30 but me getting my first license I didn’t even look at it. I filled out the paperwork with, of course my birth date stating 7/31. That is still on my license to this day even though Texas DMV and California DMV have both seen it.

Mindy, however was not so lucky. They followed her adoption birth certificate and not her paperwork. Her birthday on her driver’s license has her BIRTH day on it. Not the one she celebrates.

(Jimaneefuckingchristmas...I've gone back and edited this shit 5 times!! And I KNOW the story!)

You may not think that this is a big deal but it is. Sometimes companies pay attention to what a birth certificate says and sometimes they don’t. To my job they see me as 7/31 but to my 401K investment company they see me as 7/30.

By the way anyone out there reading this that thinks there is an easy way to solve this….think again….and also keep your opinion to yourself until you are re-born and someone fucks up your birthday.

So Min and I, being the “sisters from another mother” that we are and the most retarded best friends I’ve ever seen…have 2 birthdays. One that is “ours” that we celebrate….and one the day we were actually born….or vise-versa….fuck I don’t know anymore. Whatever…our families fucked up! (I’m getting frustrated….can you TELL????)

The really stupid thing is we’re both from Texas. I always knew that state was fucked up.

I am fucking exhausted after telling that and I don’t even know if I got all the specifics right. Anyway……

I’ll say this now because I know you won’t see this until the morning.
Happy, Happy Birthday Minnnnneeeeeee!

(I almost said happy fucking birthday but I held myself back…ummm…opps)

3 Comments:

Blogger james r. said...

oh man... now i'm just preparing myself to have my mom tell me that i was never actually born....

11:32 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

I'm still waiting for the phone call from my mom. hehe.

2:16 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

thanks! you almost got it right.. i always thought my birthday was on the 10th (today) and so, that's what i celebrate.. (every one else does too, i.e. family) so, it wasn't until i got my driver's license that i noticed my b.cert. said may 11th??my mom told me that was when i was adopted.. oh, but really come to find out i wasn't even adopted until august... so.. the state tells me that i must have been born on the 11. and my adopted family just forgot which day it was.. what?so, that's what it says on my d.l... so, when i turned 21, i couldn't drink until the 11th.. my official birthday.. it's so annoying.. but, today is "my day" even if it's not official. :)
we are strange aren't we?

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home