Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Headache and an Aspirin called a Quaalude

This story can not be held against me in a court of law ok? Or can it? hmmm….

When I was in my young teens….probably 12 or 13 I was accepted into the circle of semi-cool kids. They weren’t the most popular but definitely the coolest. Me being the bushy headed fat girl in school I would have gnawed off my right arm to be a part of this “inner circle” and little known to me all I had to do was take a Quaalude, except…I didn’t know I was taking it.

C was the leader of the pack and S was second dog. Well it seems as if S’s mom was going out of town. S was supposed to stay at C’s house but girls being girls and really fucking sneaky we all told our moms that we were staying at each other’s houses.

Parent’s out there…for future reference…always call the parents of the house your daughter is staying at to make sure she’s ACTUALLY staying there that night.

Anyway, we had the condo to ourselves. 4 teen something girls. And unbeknown to me a bag of Quaaludes and an open liquor cabinet

Now I don’t know if they would have forced me to take one as the night progressed or not. Luckily for me they didn’t have to. I started getting a headache and asked for aspirin. Now when C gave me a large white pill I did question that it “didn’t look quite right”. She just said they were old and just take it and stop complaining. Not wanting to actually LOOK like the dork I was I just took it and shut up. But holly shit not for long. All of them took one and I thought does EVERYONE have a headache? Yes, I was that much of a dork.

It didn’t take long till crazy concoctions of drinks were poured that were so foul it was almost unbearable to drink….almost.

About and hour later we found ourselves in S’s mom’s lingerie drawer. We all picked out an outfit. Nothing too drastic I mean we were still young. Long, flowing lacy nightgowns….one girl in a little teddy (she was the only really thin one…bitch) and decided to make our way to the pool.

You might ask at this point….didn’t I feel strange? Didn’t I KNOW that what I took was not an aspirin? No. That is the beauty of Quaaludes. You feel extremely happy like you’re drunk (that is if you are a happy drunk….if you are a mean one, I have no idea). The thing is you don’t have the side effects of being drunk like slurred speech; tripping over non existent objects…kissing a really ugly guy and regretting it the next morning….”Who said that?????”

Oh, pool, yes…the pool. It was a really sultry Texas summer night so after everyone had their lingerie picks in order we were off tromping through the condo complex in all our glory and lingerie. It’s was about 10pm on a Friday night and the place was pumping, parties on every balcony. Thinking back now I’m pretty sure this was a singles complex.

All that was in our minds was pool….the pool. Ahhh….it was beautiful as we approached it….all shinning and new. I remember thinking the water looked really thick. I can still see it right in the middle of the whole complex. Who know how many people were watching us. I do remember walking on the stairs in the shallow end of the pool and some girls actually diving in. I remember hearing people yelling and cheering. A lot of them actually came down to the pool. We started a full blown pool party. It was fucking great, 4 tween something girls hosting a pool party in lingerie and on Quaaludes. I think a couple of my friends actually got hit on (especially the one in the teddy….bitch). That does kind of churn my stomach now but no one knew how old we were and we weren’t telling. Some of the women that came down were looking out for us I think. They knew that we were under age just not HOW under age.

Eventually the Condo Manger broke it all up. It was probably around 3am.

I remember us all crashing out on the couch in S’s condo when the sun was coming up. That night was such a trip….literally!

I have to say it was a great night. It still puts a smile on my face to this day when I think about it.

That was the only time I ever took Quaaludes…yes plural….I think during the night another one may have slipped past my lips…oops!

I don’t do drugs…never really had an interest BUT if I just stumbled across some one that had Quaaludes one day….I can’t say that I wouldn’t…ummm….have a headache.

1 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

that is great! i have a headache. i want to go swimming in lingerie.. fun fun!!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home