Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I just had to visit an old friend tonight….

Yup, I’ve come back to visit my favorite place. Just for old time sake. I was just feeling a little sentimental on the way home from work…even got a little teary-eyed. So I decided to stop in for a sec and say hello.

Ahhhhh….The “Maytag Equipped Coin Laundry”…oh how I’ve missed you!!

Yeah…like the fucking Plaque.

I was writing this via paper and pen outside in the car after I had just put my laundry in the washer.

We now have our first riveting customer. A woman, in a new Mercedes, a dress and high heels….carrying a lame’ bag to boot. I’ll repeat myself just in case anyone out there missed the Mercedes part. I have to state….WTF?? Not quite as bad as the Hummer “incident” but close.

One cute guy. He’s been looking at me through the Coin’s blurry, sweating windows. I think not. I have standards. I require a man equipped with a W/D…not one that comes to one.

I do see a happy couple, standing at the washer and leaning against it with their arms around each other. Now this is rare. It can only lead me to believe that they are…
A: Just sleeping with each other and he was nice enough to keep her company.
B: Just moved in together. I won’t see him in here much longer.
C: the washer is on spin cycle.

Lot’s of men here alone tonight. That’s very unusual. Especially the 18th streeter. For those out there that actually read these dismal Laundry stories that means he’s in the 18th street gang. I can see his tattoos. Didn’t know those guys actually did their own laundry….interesting.

One woman just parked next to me which brings up a question that I’ve often pondered. Why do people forget that they need to brush the hair on the back of their heads? I see a lot of pillow marks here and I don’t really understand it. Wash it, mousse it, spackle it…and if that doesn’t work fucking duck tape the shit. But do something. It just looks…well…wrong.

I do have an ending story in which I became 10 years old again....almost.

I put my laundry in the dryer and since I live 5 mins away went home to feed my dogs and hang out for a little while. By the time I got back the “Misery O’ Laundry” was pretty much deserted. The rolling basket that you load you clothes in from washer to dryer or dryer to car were everywhere….like abandoned cars after a nuclear bombs goes off and you are the only one walking the face of the earth. I walk in with the mission….to save my laundry….walk to the first Misery basket and grab it. All the sudden I hear a voice “Excuse me, that’s mine.” What? Huh? I had to dodge the basket forest walking in here and a woman says this to me. I reverted back to 5th grade. “UHHH…Does it have your name on it?” No, I didn’t say that. However, I did say “Oh sorry, I’ll just take one of the other empty 10!” Under my breath of course…I do hope she heard me though.

Minn told me to write down what I saw tonight and it actually made it bearable. I forgot that I do like to people watch and make up stories in my mind of what their life’s are actually like. Don’t’ get me wrong…I’m NEVER going to be happy about the Misery Coin Maytag shit but this makes it more tolerable. So with that said come to expect….

Thisishowmylaundrywent……

Coming soon to a blog near you……

2 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

see. doesn't that make it all better? maybe not.. but still i didn't know gang members did their own laundry either..i guess i just assumed that they bullied people into it. haha.. "do my fucking laundry or else!"

6:58 AM  
Blogger james r. said...

"C: the washer is on spin cycle."

"Wash it, mousse it, spackle it…and if that doesn’t work fucking duck tape the shit."

oh my god, you totally crack me up! this was great, India. :)

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home