Friday, June 09, 2006

I should have been born a male…

I’m just not into all the girly stuff that…well…girls are into. I went through my girly things relative early in my life. The standard playing with Barbie’s…lacy dresses…the whole nine yards. Once I got my first car though…it was over. I moved more to the male side of the world. Cars, tools, taking things apart, fixing them….I was all over it.

The reason this comes up tonight is I got a gift card for Home Depot. I tend to stay away from this store...it makes me crazy. It’s just a big warehouse of wonderfulness! Tools and wood and nails…oh my!

I went because I needed a new cordless phone. I didn’t know they sold phones until my sister told me. I should have know, silly me…they sell everything! I walk into that place and the sheer vastness of it still amazes me. Just so many things that is unreal. For example they had warehouse fans for sale. The damn thing was almost as tall as me. Huge round silver circles with an enormous blade. None of them were on of course but oh how I wanted to call an employee over to just turn it on for a second to see the power it had.

My thought after I saw that was “Focus India…Focus. Phone, find the phones.” I don’t usually like to ask people for help in a store and I’ve often wondered about that. I think it’s because I like to wander the isles and look. I did finally ask and I was told phones were in the electrical dept. Damn. That was 5 isles away with many things on display in between. One of which was washer and dryers. Oh they are purty now…just like a new car. I had to stop at the front load set made of stainless steel. I just had to touch it for a second and tell it how I wish I could own it. Then I walked away cursing…bastards!

On to the electrical dept. I love it there….all the light fixtures lit up, it looked like Christmas in the middle of June, I just think it’s pretty cool. Snap to India….phone….oh yeah phone.

Up and down the isles I would pause and wonder what certain things were for. I also see things that I could use in my art work which makes my trips there even worse. Anyway, I finally found the phones. Of course I always go for the biggest. There was one phone that has 3 receivers. Oh yeah…I need that. Three whole phones for the price of one all black and silver. Picked it up and headed to the cash register….when it registered…why the hell do I need 3 receivers? All right…all right…I don’t. I went back to the phones and found 1 white one…yuck…but it was the only color they had and it was a quarter of the price of the other so I had $30 dollars left to spend. Woo Hoo!

I won’t bore you with the trip though the power tools section but I will tell you that I bought one of the electronic pest repellers and just for back up Live Catch mouse traps. No dead mice in this house especially one as cute as Woody (that’s what I named him cause he’s brown). Even though I haven’t seen him in a few weeks I’m tired of Woody’s “appearing this week only” visits.

After the trip there tonight it did make me wonder. Why aren’t I a girly girl? I mean I am in a lot of ways but not like most. Ah…I don’t care. I think it’s pretty cool for a girl to like cars and power tools.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^ reads above. bio student. gotta be.

i'm naming my next cat Telomere.

anyway.

if you and i ever went to a hardware store together, we'd have to bring along a GPS unit, survival rations, and a flare gun.

oh wait. that's aisle six.

8:34 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

jimmineefuckingchristmas...

Aneuploidy....Telomere???

Damn you boys are smart!

I have always wanted to shoot a flare gun though....is that one of those "x" things?

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home