Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Random thoughts and questions today….

Had some problems at work with a girl in my office, I think I blogged about it but I’m not sure. It’s gotten to the point where we actually get along quite well. I still feel the knife pointed towards my back sometimes even when she has a smile on her face. Can those people that completely screwed you over be trusted again? Did they just make a mistake that one time even if they’ve done it to other people? Or do you just have to put them at face value and watch your back?

________________________

Why do people drive like there is no one else on the road but them? I’m not saying I’m the best driver in the world (well we all kind of think we are) but some people just have not regard for other people.

I was driving back to work the other day and this man pulled out in front of me from a side street. I was going approx 40 mph. I drive as SUV and he was in a Honda. I drive an older SUV so when mine was made, they were made tuff…big metal bumpers on the beast that would rip through that Honda like a mere tin can. The guy pulls right out in front of me and hits his brakes and turns the hazards on. I instantly hit my brakes and came within inches of hitting him. He had pulled out in front of me to look at a car for sale parked on the side of the road. Just a couple of feet ahead was a place for him to park his car and get out to actually look at the car close up. No, he choose to almost have my car demolish his by pulling out and flatly stopping in front of me. I started to honk at the guy because people behind me were honking. Of course he gave me the finger. He took off and I started going again. For a city block he hit his brakes suddenly so I had to hit mine…3 times. I tried to get out from behind him but there was too much traffic in the other lane. I finally managed to get in the other lane and he tried to cut me off but didn’t make it. He got caught behind an old truck going about 10 mph with a bed full of junk flying everywhere. Hmmm….karma? The think what I found so amazing is that he would sacrifice his car for something HE did?

Old Rodeo SUV vs. Honda Accord = Accord totaled.

I got a little fired up writing that. It did piss me off a bit when it happened. I do now remember calling Mindy and saying “What part of SUV don’t people understand?”
___________________________________________

Drove thought the park on the way home, as usual. I don’t know if the sign I saw was new or I have driven the route for so long I just didn’t see it. It said the standard things are illegal in parks:

No alcohol
No cars passing in the bike lane
No soccer.
Ummm..Wait… brain said “read that again”
No soccer.
Yup….and that was the only sport it listed.
Why?
What about baseball? Would that be a little more dangerous than soccer?
Soccer ball semi-soft….baseball hard…right?

I mean this park is a well know meeting ground for gay men…and others, I’m sure but I didn’t see anything on that sign that said…

No soccer and by the way no sex either.

Park…kids…soccer…right?

_______________________________________

Why when men age they get more attractive and women just get old?

I know….I know….the static’s.

But men aren’t called spinsters….or old maids….

Is it because it’s a man’s world?

______________________________________

Why when you say “Oh God” or “Jesus!” (Not in a spiritual way, I might add) some asshole has to say “Yes?”

Ummm….or was that my ex that only did that.

_____________________________________

Why when a copier isn’t working people don’t check to see if it has paper?

That one always gets me.

_____________________________________

I guess that’s just about all the perplexing questions or thoughts that I have that might somehow change the universe tonight.

Man is my mind full of crap or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home