Thursday, July 20, 2006

I remember the morning when…

He was sitting on the bottom stair…outside in the sun…with a pound of beer and tequila in his belly and not knowing how much blow went up his nose, the night before, or the morning…crying…wanting to be saved, wanting me to forgive him for all he had done. He begged for my forgiveness. How bad he had treated me. I believed him. I wanted to. I still want too.

You see…I just don’t understand…..

I had my own things to talk about tonight...but sometimes my mind goes to him.

And other people don’t understand.

4 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

if it were me, would you understand?

6:23 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Yes, and I would be standing there in the end....just like you are.

4:39 PM  
Blogger megaton said...

i once drove a friend one hundred miles the night before a microbiology midterm so she could pick up her jacket.

i dont know why i did it.

i just did.

6:43 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

you did it because you were being a friend...and I might add, a gentleman. I'm sure every time she looks at that jacket she thinks about you...and if she doesn't I might have to hunt her down and kick her ass.

by the way...

Did your car have cushy cartoon wheels?

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home