Sunday, July 30, 2006

So….

Today is my “birth” date, which should not be confused, in my world with my “birthday”.

I was born today, July 30th. My whole life my birthday was celebrated on July 31st.

“Why?” could be the question rolling around in your noggin. Well it rolls around in mine as well.

When I moved to California, I needed two forms of ID when I got a job, so my mom sent me a copy of my birth certificate. That’s when I found out that my birthday was one day off.

I called my mom and questioned the date on my birth certificate and she had no explanation. Even my driver’s license has the 31st as my birthday. Guess the DMV trusted me more than the legitimate paperwork that I brought in…heh…I was only 15. They trusted a kid applying for a hardship license more then the government paperwork. Go figure.

Hell, when I applied for my 401K Merrill Lynch caught it.

Now I know it’s not that big of a deal to most. One day, who the fuck cares right?

Well I kind of do.

This day is a constant reminder that my mom forgot what day I was born on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

Happy "born on date" today...

6:28 PM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

Thanks Otis

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home