Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Well color me surprised…

And I will make this colored vague. A friend of mine called me today. I didn’t chose to answer, but eventually I called him back tonight…because I never know what to expect when I call him.

He doesn’t usually speak much…he had a rough time a few months ago…I was with him the night before he flew out for his cousin’s funeral the next day…then he disappeared, except for a few text messages and a couple of emails every now and again.

Tonight, he actually couldn’t stop talking, which is rare for him. He’s the joke master…the one liner king…but tonight…I guess he just needed to talk.

And he did for about two hours. I’ve know him for 15 years and I learned more about him tonight than in all the years I’ve known him.

That was nice…just to hear no more one liners…and him just talking about how excited he was about having his cable being set up tomorrow, how cost co doesn’t have the same selection of movies….but he still found one for his daughter that she didn’t have…and when he was gone this weekend and came back his electricity seemed to malfunction and half of his house had light and the rest didn’t…and he just didn’t seem to mind.

He’s got a good heart…and I’ve always known that…but sometimes people that have them don’t realize they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home