Saturday, November 25, 2006

Now that’s what I call a bag that holds a good burger and fries…


It’s all about gauging grease…the more grease on the bag the better the meal...me being from Texas this theory never fails....unless you're watching your Crisco intake.

Got it from the burger place across from the lando-mat from hell….yes I did laundry. Everyone stand and cheer for me please.

Ok…a quarter of a cheer because I only did a quarter of it…but it’s a start.

I realized it’s time for laundry when the only pants I had left were shorts and it’s 50 degrees outside at 3PM and the sun didn’t even help…not that I’m bitching…believe me after this disgusting summer I have not complaints but I was fucking freezing my ass off...literally.

Now I was going to do laundry on Thanksgiving because I thought it would be empty but not in LALA land. I also thought that this weekend it would be empty due to family and friends being in town…again I was wrong.

I guess I think that if my friends and family all have something to do on the holidays then everyone does. I thought I would have free rein of all the washer and dryers. I tend to forget there are misplaced people like me or people that don’t give a shit about the holidays…which ever…it was a strange day there today.

It was quite a collection of people…me included.

I sat in my car watching the below.

A woman with her 4 teenage daughters, it looked like she was trying to teach them to do laundry. It was painful for me to watch. I’m pretty much a slob and I have no concept of separating colors from whites since I really don’t wear white…but since I worked in retail at one point, when it comes to folding my laundry it has to be exactly the right way. These girls just wanted to get it done and over with…I understand that but good god it was horrible. When their mom turned around they were rolling and stuffing the clothes in the bottom of the hamper. It was like a bad movie…or my ex…same thing in a sense I guess.

There was also an older couple that were waiting for their dryers to finish. They were arguing in a different language but it was so cute. They weren’t really arguing at all…they were discussing in high volume with a tint of love or understanding hidden beneath it. My grandparents use to do that.

This was a good day to do laundry…I can’t promise another, nor do I expect one…but what I saw today was intresting and sweet on so many levels.

Plus the burger was great...heh

Now I have an incentive to go back…maybe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Otis said...

That had to be one bad ass burger. Not even Whataburger does that.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home