Thursday, January 25, 2007

It was a very enlightening hour at physical therapy today…

My normal therapist was helping another one of her patients pick out a new wheelchair. An older gentleman, he’s there on the same days I am. My normal PT and I have discussed him. I know that he is suffering from a spinal cord injury, one of the hardest things to recover from. I told her that I had spoken to him in the waiting room and he was one of the kindest people I think I’ve ever met…she agreed. I think there are some people that exude such kindness that a person just can’t ever imagine them being angry at anything…ever.

I got to see him get his new wheelchair today. He was so happy…so excited…I just wanted to run over and hug him and tell him how happy I was for him. He graduated today so I probably won’t ever see him again…my loss.

I really like my usual PT she’s a little peppy girl but to tell you quite honestly, we don’t have that much to talk about. The girl that filled in for her today I’ve seen before…S…now we can talk. The things we talked about today were not normal conversations that you have with a virtual stranger but I am definitely drawn to those people who can do it.

It made me wonder as I was driving home…do people actually have an instinct before ever knowing anything about someone else if they know they will like them or dislike them or that it’s just a draw. I think I’ve asked that question here before but I’m not sure there is an answer.

Funny…the first time I spoke to S before I ever even knew her I asked her for a validation…she replied “Your beautiful.” She took me by surprise and the words “No, parking validation” Were already starting to come out of my mouth. Then I started to laugh. After that, every time I saw her I would say “Can I have a validation?” as always …her reply was the same.

Yeah, yeah I know I’m sure she uses that line with everyone I just like it when people catch me off guard and makes me laugh.

Unless the doc says otherwise it looks like Monday will be my graduation. As weird as it sounds I think I’ll miss it.

You can’t hide anything there. Yeah everybody is in pain but the whole being of the place is to make it better. I’ve never seen a person in there that was bitter or angry. Everyone is working together to get better so it makes for a positive place to be.

If that makes any fucking sense…probably not until you’ve been there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Walter said...

I've never been to PT ((knocking on wood)), but I have been to places where everyone has the same goal and working together without a competitive nature to reach that goal. Those places feel brilliant.

So to answer you quasi question at the end, yes, it makes total fornicating sense. ;P

7:04 AM  
Blogger iamfallingfromgrace said...

what is fornicating? oh shit that's another word for fuck right? heh.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home